Friday, September 10, 2010

A Pause

I am interupting this regularly scheduled life filled to the brim with doing and moving forward for a much needed break.

I am going to play this weekend. I am so excited!
We are going to one of my favorite places.

There is so much I love about this city. But these days, it brings me so much joy to share it with my son. Our life in the mountains has so much to offer, but the occasional sojourn into the city gives him so much delight. Ever since he was a wee little one he's loved skyscrapers. And trains. And highways. None of which we have where we live. From my perspective that is a-okay. Because we can visit them all the same. For him, it is an Adventure with a capital letter A.

And for me too!

And very important, I am gifting myself a break from all my yearnings and dreams and wanting to grow. Those longings will still be here when I return. But I am ready to Be instead of Do. And really, what if I could do that more often? Because in each moment, if I am being who I truly am meant to be, those longings and desires will find expression in those moments.

If I trust. If I let go. If I breathe.

What can you do this weekend to pause, to breathe, to Be. Can your trust and let go? What if you take a break from moving towards your goals, from making your dreams come true, from yearning towards the future you? Try it, see what happens! Let me know how it goes, can't wait to hear from you.

Here's to Being.

2 comments:

  1. Yay T!!!! I LOVE the city! Have a super fun blast! My weekend will be filled with joining others at the Camp Our for Cancer in Amador County! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love San Francisco!

    And wow, did I need to hear this message today! I'm headed to Seattle today to do something I absolutely love to do. And yet, I've been fretting all week about how much there is to do at home that I won't have time for. Thank you SO much for the reminder to just be in the moment and go enjoy doing something I love.

    Hope you have a great time in the city!

    ReplyDelete