I started a *routine* for myself of writing my blog on Fridays. It's been going swimmingly well.
"Ruh rho Shaggy..." It's Friday. I don't have anything to write about. Oh dear.
So just to keep the practice going, and get the creativity flowing, I am treating this blog as a free-flow, stream of consciousness writing exercise.
Here's a little recap of this week ~
* i started a 30 day follow your bliss thing, today is day 5, so far so good, making sure the little details are seen to on a daily basis, such as incense, music, giggles, taking the time to stay a bit longer at the cafe to chat & connect with the owner, creating loveliness by making little handmade tabs for my new organizer, painting and decorating little hearts that will be anonymous give-aways to random strangers or friends, noticing the sun, looking up at the stars...
* battling the guilt about needing this one morning a week to myself rather than helping out at my son's classroom halloween party
* loving this time of year
* finding acceptance of where i'm at *career-wise* and noticing positive results
* dragging my feet and getting the studio cleaned out and *done*
(for obvious emotional reasons)
* so excited about my new organizer, i took a year off from being super-organized, it's been fun, relaxing, and also chaotic, so finding a new way to be that is in balance is the idea for the coming year
* fascinated by the vastness of this universe
* feeling a little melancholy, realizing it's been a social week, and i miss my down-time, my me-time, my quiet-go-within-time
* amazed that i have a piece of my art in an art show in Athens!
* grateful for the goodness that is my life
Here's to going with the flow!
Happy: Autumn, Halloween, Dia de los Muertos, Samhain, Harvest, Celtic New Year or whatever it is you celebrate this time of year... it sure is festive, isn't it?