Thursday, December 30, 2010

A few years ago, I was turned on to the idea of having a *word* for the year. A word to set intention, to be mindful of what I'd like from life, or where I'm at in life at least. A guide post to give me a place to return to when I feel adrift. Not sure which way to go.

Last year my word was
Surrender. My intent was to surrender needing to know exactly where I was going. To stop planning everything. To release my brain from figuring it all out. I wanted to listen to my heart. I wanted to come from a place of feeling, rather than thinking. Because it was something new for me. I have been a goal-setter and planner my whole adult life. That talent has taken me to some pretty groovin' places, but there have been times when I let my head lead and I knew I missed out on something spectacular because I didn't listen to my heart. I wrote a little more about it here. I also realized half-way through the year how easy it is to forget what your word of the year is!
And I can say, looking back at 2010, I did listen to my heart, and some pretty big things happened.

So, my word for 2011. Well, this year it seems I have two words.

The first ~


This word ~ Soar ~ has so many layers for me. Following on the footsteps of 2010, if I can let go and believe and trust my heart, I will be lifted up by invisible currents. Supported and held in a loving embrace. This feels so right. To continue on with my quest to not have it all figured out. And by listening to my heart, I will reach new heights, soaring high, effortlessly, with new vistas.

The second word ~ which actually kinda came first ~ but I tried to *over-think* it (grin) was ~


I received this beautiful piece of art/card in the mail from a dear
BIG Sister. She's amazing. She knew it was my word too. I love that. Thank you Lisa! Even though I wasn't so sure. But I took it to be an affirmation that, yes indeed, it's my word this year too.

And so instead of trying to choose just one. I embraced both. By having fun this year, by letting go of being so seriously on my quest all the time, by PLAYING, I will SOAR.

Pretty fabulous.

What's your word for the year? Do you have more than one? Maybe you have 5?

However many you have, embrace your year, set you intention, and share it with me!

Happy New Year to you all!



5 comments:

  1. I love this Tracy! I've been playing around with my word too and it looks like I'm going to end up with 2 too. How funny! I hope you have a fabulous New Years Eve and I can't wait to watch you play and soar in 2011!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A single word: Ah, it would have to be:

    NOW

    Thank you, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this idea of a word for the year. I incorporated it into my vision board. The first word came to me instantly...Create! And it feels like I am to create in a very broad sense...from creating the life I want down to the little things like creating art or music. I also got the sense that I had a second word but it is more of a feeling than just one word. Surrender, let go, release, mellow..all came to mind. I did a reading and pulled a card for Reversal or the Hanged Man. It perfectly described all these words and them some. It was so perfect! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Tracy, I love how my life so parallels yours. My 2010 word was FREEDOM and well you know what my 2010 was like. Tragedy had to happen in my world in order for me to see the ways in which I keep myself from that freedom. So now that 2011 is hear and Saturn has taught me some major lessons I am ready to say that my words for 2011 are FLY and FUN! I'm ready to come out of my cocoon and flap my wings! And I'm ready to bring fun into my life. Love you sister for always inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word for the year is NECTAR.....wanting some real juice this year!

    ReplyDelete