Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Solstice!

Winter Solstice is my absolute favorite celebration of the year. It's a day that signifies the start of winter. It's the longest night of the year. Days that had been getting shorter, now begin to grow longer.

I'm not sure exactly what it is about it, but I just love it. I don't have any special traditions or rituals that I do every year. I don't have any unique decorations or recipes. And I don't even necessarily celebrate it with anyone but my family.

Every year is a little different. Some years my son and I have made pine cone bird feeders smothered in peanut butter and bird seed. Other years I light a candle, representing the return of longer days. Sometimes my husband and son and I take a moment to share all that we're grateful for this past year. One year I even invited friends around and we did all of the above. That was a special year I'll always treasure.

But usually, if nothing else, it is a time of year for me to reflect on all that I've learned, and to honor the challenges I faced, and the strides I've made. I also take a moment to set intentions for the new year, and hold a vision of what I'd like to see happen in the coming year.

This year, for something a little different, I've been having a whole bunch of fun with the 2011 Goddess Workbook. It is such a beautifully created guide book to your coming year. And Goddess Leonie's website if just full of scruptious tidbits and resources, go visit!

One of the activities is to come up with some mottos for yourself for the year. I've been loving this, and got all carried away and creative with mine. I mean really, don't we all need some personal cheerleading to support us on our adventures in life?

I'm sharing mine below. Enjoy!

One for my blog and all that it represents for me on my life's path...


One reminding me of the possibilities:


One to remind me that this moment, each and every moment, is what it's REALLY all about:


One to help me remember, I am enough, just as I am:


And of course, why else would you bother with any of it unless it was FUN!


How are you expressing yourself these days? Would love to hear about it and see the results too! Won't you share them in the comments below?

Here's to the returning of the Light, and also to the Light that shines deeply within us all.

Have a lovely Solstice!

No comments:

Post a Comment