Monday, January 31, 2011

My Life's Purpose

So.
This DEEP thing.
OMG.
That's all I can say right now.
I am learning to paint all over again.
And it's beautiful.
It is truly, absolutely, Divine.
Like, Goddess/Great Spirit/God/Yahweh, kind of Divine.

I am becoming a portal to the Universe. I am opening up to the Divine Mystery of life itself.

And the creative juiciness of the Great Creator is flowing through me.

It's THAT good.

If you haven't read The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, you might want to give it a try. She covers this subject very well. Being a Creative Being, expressing the Creative Source through our Creativity. You know, simple stuff like that. Very Zen like, but like Zen, when you don't over think it, it makes perfect sense!

So, back to DEEP. Our assignment last week?
Nothing less than painting our Life's Purpose.

What? You gotta be kidding?
Nope. It was for real.

And much to my surprise, I did it. I actually painted my Life's Purpose.
Couldn't tell you what it means.
Well, I guess I could try.
But the mystery of it all is what is actually so exciting.
THIS is my purpose?
It appears to involve big phat shining LOVE.

And that right there is perfect. And plenty.
The rest, icing.

Here's to YOUR creativity. To YOU being the portal of Divine Love.





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the way she is cradling the heart. And looking at this painting makes me feel very serene. What a wonderful purpose for you life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tracy, this is beautiful! I love the colors, the depth, and the shine. So beautiful. I am so glad you are getting so DEEP! I wish I was there with you.

    If you don't mind, I would like to share this painting on my blog for one of my Month of Hearts posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle! I'd be honored!

    And here's a quote from fellow artist Lis' blog today, with the exact quote I was too lazy to look up:

    "We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves." From The Artist's Way

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous Tracy. I love the colors. It has a sereneness to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy jeezus Tracy! the most amazing beauty is coming out of you! I'm just in awe of your creativity! All these years this gloriousness has been simmering inside!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you everyone! hugs, hugs and hugs and hugs again to all of you for being on this journey together

    ReplyDelete