Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dedication to Love

I love to paint.

Yes. It's true. You've probably heard me say that a few thousand times this year.

It's only taken me 42 and 1/2 years to finally embrace that.

Finally.

So, inspired by my dear friend and fellow artist, Lis, over here at her blog, I too am creating a shiny new project for this year. I would like to paint 43 paintings this year.

Why 43, you ask?

In honor of turning 43 of course (not until September).

But why must it be a certain number? Why don't I just paint.
Well, there is something about dedicating oneself to something concrete. Not just an idea, but a tangible goal. There is a little bit more accountability required when there is a goal at the end.
And even though I want to devote this year to painting
anyway, (because, let me say it again, I LOVE to paint) I
feel that having a certain number will help
me hold that intention.

Better yet, putting it out here, in front of friends and family, REALLY makes me want to stick to it. You know, witnesses, and all that.

So here goes.
43 paintings for the year.
I have 3 I have completed already.

That's not cheating, right? The year HAS already started. And I've done them all in the past month. Besides, it's my personal challenge, I get to make the rules.

Thanks for joining me on this fun-filled ride.
This journey of paint. And of LOVE.

And, in case you didn't catch them before, here, in reverse order of completion, are paintings number 1-3.

This first one below, (my first ever CANVAS painting ~ squeee!) is also ~ I'm totally honored and amazed ~ featured over at Creative Nachos today by the lovely Natasha. A perpetual cartwheel of motion that girl. Go over and say hi. There's lots of other lovely creative juiciness to see too!


What do you Love?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy!
    BIG congratulations on the canvas painting! woohoo! I love it!
    And also good for you for setting a goal of 43 paintings! Can't wait to see the rest! :o)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical year this intent will bring you! So inspiring- thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your paintings and how they all seem to have a "glow" about them!! What a fun project - I am looking forward to following you along!!

    ReplyDelete