Sunday, May 1, 2011

Joy

Happy May Day!

I have been painting my little heart out over here.
Thoroughly and completely in love with painting.
Giving it a big fat hug {{hug}}!

I'm so excited, I started a 3-parter! One painting spread out over 3 canvas boards. I feel so grown up.

This one was inspired by a spectacular little jewel of a bird, Hummingbird.

Don't they just make you smile?
All those brilliant colors, their amazing flying show of tricks, that little merry hum of their wings...

I knew already that they represent joy, but also learned recently that they are powerful medicine (in the indigenous sense of medicine) and represent a new era of peace, harmony, and joy.

So this painting is (these paintings are?) dedicated to Hummingbird.
And to peace, harmony and joy ~ within and without.

Here, in reverse order, are paintings number 11, 10 and 9 (and they all add up to one very happy Joyful experience).







Ta da!

7 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of hummingbirds yesterday!!! I LOVE this Tracy - her expression just brings me in. And the colors!!! Woohoo - three canvases - you are so rockin' it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love it! Hummingbirds are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. . Your work is so colorful and expressive and evocative.. Just gorgeous and there is a mythical feel to it. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh Tracy!
    Dreadlocks...
    And she's BLUE! LOL
    LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue-tee-ful! Love it Tracy and love the energy behind all that you are doing right now. Of course hummingbird would fly to you ... you are in that magic realm beyond duality, knowing the beauty and delicacy of this special power to create and spread Joy.

    Happy May! It is still cold here, but at least the sun has been shining and I have the beginnings of a garden!

    xo Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooo.... wow! A three parter and so beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete