Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pay Attention

Life sometimes sweeps you up and takes you along for a ride not always of your own doing.

That's how my summer has felt.

Every part of my life seems to be so busy.

Last night, in a moment of pure "not in the present at all," I started to pour white gesso (picture white liquid chalk) over my finished painting when I thought I was pouring a finishing varnish coat on it.

Can you say *Loud and Offensive Expletive?*

I'm sure my neighbors heard it.

I had to explain to my son that words like that don't get repeated by him until he's MUCH older.

Luckily, it's acrylic! Ha! And already having one protective layer of varnish on the painting, I was able to quickly rinse off the gesso and save the painting.

But you know what was really cool? I actually had the thought "well, it will be a new and unexpected layer to work with" as I was holding it in the sink under running water.

I saw the Silver Lining!!

And THAT was the best part about the whole thing. As tired as I was. As freaked out as I was. I had the aha moment. The it-really-isn't-that-bad kind of moment.

I just love painting.

It really does put me into a very different space.

I will be doing a lot of it this month. I may not be here much. I'll be taking a break and creating.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my 43 Paintings. I'm only on #15. It's August already!

Oh, but I will be stopping in to provide Twiga updates every now and then too.
If you want a necklace, it's not too late, give me a jingle!

How are you expressing your creativity this summer?
Don't let life sweep you up in it's grip for too long.
Slow down, express your Soul!!

xoxo

Green Spiral
(#15 of 43)


1 comment:

  1. Nice save. Freud said, there are no mistakes.... fab painting Sista

    ReplyDelete