Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Believe


...every once in a while, someone will tell you their truest story–their secret–and if you have the strength and courage to hold it in complete stillness, you will find your heart expanding into a kind of love you have never known possible. Jen Lemen


I believe in life.
I believe in death.
I believe in life after death.
I believe in Spirit.

I believe there is much more here in this world than meets the eye.

I believe we are Souls on a mission.

I believe that each and every one of us has stories to reveal, gifts to share, discoveries to be made.

I believe we are not alone. In our despair, in our longings, in our hope.

I believe in miracles.

I believe that this world, this place we call home, is only one of the thousands of stomping grounds in the universe, but it's a crucial one at this point in time.

I believe Mother Earth is a living, sentient being evolving right along with us on this crazy journey called life.

I believe that we all have layers upon layers of forgetting. Forgetting who we are, what our gifts are, why we are here. But that those layers, as they are peeled away, reveal the most magnificent kernel of love and truth there ever was.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Reasons we may not understand.

I believe in angels, aliens, ghosts, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, God, Goddess, White Buffalo Calf Woman, Spirit, Divinity.

I believe all of them are within us, are us.

I believe in a great divine Mystery that created all of this, and to understand that Mystery, to dissect it, figure it out, name it, to claim it as belonging to one group over another, or to truly know it, is not the point.

I believe in creativity. That we are creations of this Mystery, and we are here to create.

No matter what we create, labeling it good or bad also misses the point.
When we are creating, we are in tune with that great Mystery.
We are divinity.

It is not outside of us.

It is every cell of our body. Every star in the sky. Every emotion, thought or idea that ever was.

Time is also just one of these creations. No more, no less.

There is so much freedom in that. And responsibility.

I believe that deep down we know all of this.
And that our challenge is to remember it.

To peel away those layers.

To reveal the beauty within.

To reveal Love.

At the heart of all this, is Love.

I believe in Love.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes, an awe-whispered y-e-s. A breath, then a shouted YES! I believe all you believe, I believe in YOU.

    Thank you so much for all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo beautiful! I whisper those same words with you, say them, shout them, sing them, breathe them. I believe in them. I believe in you too!
    Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!
    I believe in the Muse, in the Wild, in the Fey, in She of Ten Thousand Names.I believe in the words of the Poet Ntozake Shange: "i found god in myself & I loved her, i loved her fiercely."
    Happy Equinox,wise & beautiful One-
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, my. this is so beautiful. i am so here, believing with you, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truths spoken out loud.. I cherish these words. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete