Monday, September 19, 2011

The Silver Lining



I don't know what was up with today. But I don't think it was one of the more stellar days in my life. It kinda sucked for no real tangible reason.

However.
I am choosing to see the silver lining of my day (thank you Melissa from Oz).

Because I can.

And because it makes me feel better.

For example, on my first try I found the lid that matches the tupperware-like bowl that I had grabbed from the cupboard for leftovers.

Score!

I also have the most delicious loving husband ever.

The cat did not vomit on the bed today. Also very good.

I have a glass of wine in front of me (yes, it's after 5:00pm, in case you're wondering).

I can afford art supplies.

I do not live in a natural disaster area.
So much love to all those that are living in them, there have been a lot these past few years.

Our checks don't bounce.

I have a full tummy.

Yet still have room for the chocolate cake that is in the fridge.

I have no hang nails at the moment.

There are no sirens or bombs ripping through the night air.
There are however many, many crickets singing their song.

My co-workers are kind and compassionate people.

We have water.

I don't have to wear pantyhose ever again if I don't want to.

I have all my teeth.

To eat the chocolate cake.

So, you see? Even after a not so great day, there is still so much to be grateful for.

Choosing Love. It's what I do.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder of how good life is and how lucky we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the spirit, you even made me giggle. Great to see Miss Indigo! & thanks for recognition, I'm pleased to see I've inspired a Silver Lining for you. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this : 0 made me smile and appreciate my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Indigo! Made me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete