Monday, November 28, 2011

The 43 Paintings Progress

You might remember that back in March I set out on a little personal challenge.



I decided that in honor of my 43rd birthday I would complete 43 paintings!


It's been quite a year so far. And I'm not as far along as I thought I'd be. But I'm having loads of fun along the way! Not to mention the persoal insights and painting skills I've been learning.



So far I've done 30 paintings. (check that, 29 paintings and one mixed media "altar")


(You can see the whole trail over here.)



I may or may not finish all 43 by December 31st, but really? That's ok. It's not the point anymore. The idea was to get me painting. And painting I have been doing!



There have been paintings that I like. And some that are ok. And some I am not happy with at all. AT ALL. But that's okay. I may actually keep going on them, or just paint over them and start over. Who knows! There's a lot of freedom in that by the way. Not worrying about the outcome. But having a fabulous time in the process. I can't recommend that enough!



However. Sometimes a painting comes along that takes me completely by surprise. The process may drag at times, or be totally fulfilling taking me away from everything around me, sending me off into a time warp of some kind. AND, miracles of all miracles, the final product ending up being something I just LOVE.



Well, to be honest, there aren't that many of those. But this one? It's one of those times.





Gateway to Dreamtime, 11/27/11, #30 of 43


So in LOVE with this painting. The process had its up and downs. But suddenly, towards the end, it just all came together in this magnificent glorious ending.



There is so much meaning for me in this piece. In what it represents. A place. Real. And yet unreal. A shamanic gateway into other realms. Pure magic.



Sigh.



This creative life?



I am SO in LOVE with it.



Just had to share that with you.



I feel so FULL of creativity these days!



May you give yourself the time to tap into your creative well. And keep at it...



Juiciness awaits!




7 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Oh my goodness, the painting is GORGEOUS and the attitude coming along with it? Irresistible. You have me so motivated right now I think I'll go paint! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour and mood. I loooove it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gateway to Dream time is beautiful! I can't even think of any eloquent words to describe. Thank you for sharing Indigo... you do inspire me!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Followed you over here from Mel's blog and I have to say I love your paintings! So much expression in the colours and tones.
    You are very inspiring.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a *beautiful* idea! (and painting!) I feel inspired to set a 'painting' goal for 2012 after reading this. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh ... I love it LOVE IT when you enter your dream time (complete with painting shack, right?)

    I love your work so far ... oh yeah, I know well the impulse to scrap something but it is part of the process, part of the celebration. I look at my 49 and there are definitely ones I would do over but I can remember that week/period so well and isn't that the point? To mark our lives? Celebrations and struggles?

    And I toyed with the notion that some of my 49 might be done after my birthday as part of my 49th year ... of course the scorpio/pitta/tiger that I am had me finishing on the day! But the point is to celebrate each of those precious years ... precious you!

    xo Lis

    ReplyDelete