Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy New Year

Today is the first day of the Chinese New Year.

Happy New Year!

Years and years ago I visited China. My son was asking me how long ago... oh boy. When I did the math? 20 years ago! Yikes. Where DOES the time go?

Me, Great Wall, China, 1992

When there my friend and I visited the great wall, and while walking around we met someone that was excited to meet some Americans and practice his English. He shared with us the history of the wall, interesting tidbits, and useful facts. To this day we still exchange holiday cards and emails. It's been a great way to keep that moment alive for me and a cross cultural exchange as well.

He emailed yesterday with greetings for the new year. And he mentioned that it was the year of the Dragon. Here's what he had to say:

A Dragon symbolizes strong power. He is a symbol of luck, virtue, peace and long life. He will do everything to make his dream true. He is also passionate, brave and generous.


Well that sounds like some good juju for the coming year. Wouldn't you agree?

Happy New Year to you!

May all your dreams come true!

1 comment: