Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Celebrating Me


I am in the mood to celebrate me.

After spending so many years bemoaning bits and pieces of who I am, or all of me in one fell swoop, it's time to honor me instead.

It seems especially important to do this now because I am at that age in our culture where women start to disappear. You know, with all the focus on eternal youth and all. You know what I'm talking about.

I want to celebrate who I am right now, not the me that will finally lose the 20 extra pounds that I put on while pregnant. The me now, that notices the hairs on her chin are starting to outnumber the ones on her head (seriously?). The luscious me that won't even get into the effect gravity is having on my breasts.

And I want it to be okay to celebrate me. As it needs to be okay to celebrate you.

We are not being egocentric. Or full of ourselves. Even narcissistic.

Because do we really want to continue on with the notion that pride is a sin? A deadly one at that?

If we keep buying into it, then the comment like "Who do you think you are?" will forever beat us into submission. Never honoring or even recognizing our gifts and talents.

Done with that thank you very much.

So, let's raise a glass, or mug, or whatever, to ourselves. Celebrating each bit and piece of us.

All in one fell swoop!




4 comments:

  1. amen to that, sistah-o-mine!!

    not surprisingly, i've been pondering this thing called "beauty" and how i've had it all wrong these long years...

    *sigH*

    big smoocheroonis to you, most luscious beastie!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a luscious beastie and very very beautiful and I celebrate you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post is so timely for me. i am at a point in which i want to proclaim "i am who i am who i am!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful! Thank you for the powerful reminder to honor who I am in the now. Truly an act of radical goddesshood in this day & age.
    A perfect way to celebrate a full moon in Leo! :)
    Blessings-

    ReplyDelete