Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What's On My Easel Today (um, floor...)


Drum roll...

Presenting to you here... Week Two of the Art by the Inch Fundraiser Project!

(Oh, you can read more about what that is HERE.)

Ha.

I'm trying to convince myself.

This is not as "fun" as I thought it would be. Well, I knew it would be a challenge. But geez, SUCH a challenge?

Here's where we left off last week (after one go at it with some paint):


I've walked and circled this thing more times today than I can tell you. "Trying" to quiet the inner voices.

Sorry, wait, let me back up. I dove in over the weekend and got started:


So, I'm hoping that you were spared knowing a dermatologist when you were an adolescent. But I had the great misfortune of years of visits. Scars were left. Both physically and emotionally. And the start of this painting? Reminds me of one of the posters in the doc's office, showing what zits looks like close up under the skin. Nice, huh? Aren't you glad I shared that with you? My husband was much kinder and said it looked a big jelly fish gathering. To each his own.

And so I know, like those horrible teen years, this phase of the painting must happen. It is part of the process. Growing pains. Separating itself out from its origins. Establishing its own identity.

I know.

But still.

Beurk. (My new French vocabulary word for the day: gross.)

But I persevered. Circled round and round.

The "top" became the bottom and the "bottom" became the top.

It happens.

It felt good. I stuck with it. And got to here:


Walked around some more. Had lunch.

Battled layers of inner demons and "not enoughness" and pushed on.

I'm exhausted.

So here's where I'm leaving it for today.


Whew.

Maybe it's time for some chocolate. No, it's definitely time for some chocolate.

And it's also time to go pick up the little red headed child. Perfect excuse for calling it quits.

Oh, and wish me luck, I'm painting with others that are part of this project on Friday. All together in a big studio. Eek.

I'll let you know how it goes. If I survive.

Until next week friends!

5 comments:

  1. So much luck you won't ever need because YOU'RE A FREAKiN ROCKSTAR BABY! :) Heheheheh - keep going girl, she's already phenomenal... just let her be♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! you are thirty-eight flavours of freakin' awesome!!

    push-pull-push-pull....and so it goes.

    rock on, dahlink...you da bomb!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always I am in awe of and totally inspired by your process. Your willingness to show us the work, that the Muse is no easy task mistress, but that it is WORTH it, to dance with whatever comes up, to stick with it, to know when to walk away for a bit, because when it is done, it will be an offering of beauty and love-
    Merci Beaucoup!!

    ReplyDelete