Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Painting as a Prayer

There is something so moving, so powerful, when an act is done with intent.

With focused intent.

Mindful intent.

Especially if ~ through the beauty of that act ~ it connects others.

Just recently I became part of a new Facebook group. There are lots of groups to be part of, but this one stands out. This one reaches in and touches deeply.

This gorgeous woman, one of the sisters in the "sisters in paint" tribe that I am part of, created the group, but also so much more. You'll see what I mean when you check out her site.

So this painting ~ I have started it like I do many of my paintings ~ with intent. But also this time with a prayer.

Not a prayer asking for more stuff, or a better life, or more money. Not that kind of prayer.

It is akin to something more like Grace.

And as it is a work in progress, the prayer continues too, weaving its tendrils far and wide, over many thoughts, through lots of feelings, and across several days and nights.

A journey.

But what ISN'T a journey, really?

It feels so good to be painting again. It feels like forever.

Still hard at times. The inner voices can do some serious battle.

But so worth it.

Every. Single. Moment.


 


To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I long to be outdoors with you translating prayers into paint! Really gorgeous work ... I hope you are planning for another show! My Ganesha paintings go up on Friday - EEK!

    Missing you sister. As always, your fearlessness thrills and inspires me.
    xo Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love and more love to you.....

    *sigh*

    brilliant.

    xo

    ReplyDelete