Friday, March 1, 2013

BIG News! Dreams Coming True!


I've had several reminders already this year that the best path ~ for me anyway ~ is to stop being busy with doing, and to start paying attention. To LISTEN for a change. And that means listening to my soul, to my heart. Noticing the details that are carrying me forward towards what I love.

It may sound sparkly and woo woo, but in fact, I am starting to feel that this approach is actually working!

Especially in regards to my ART.

Late last year and at the beginning of this new one, I kept running into someone I know in my community that is a successful and established artist. I'd see her name some place. I'd pass her on the highway. Someone would bring up her name in a conversation. A group email in my inbox had her name a few times. I'd meet her on the way into a store, she on her way out. This after not really thinking of her or seeing her for quite some time.

And the whole time, this little voice kept saying, "Why don't you call her?" I wanted to start off the year with really moving my art out into the world. I had a vague action plan. A list of To-Do's was starting to form. The intent behind all of it was to SHARE my art with the WORLD. (Or at least start somewhere...) Hanging out and chatting with her about how she first got started in the art world was something that made sense to do.

Of course I got awfully sick there for a while too. The nasty nasty that so many people I know near and far had - the one that knocked them down for a couple weeks minimum. But during that time, on the couch not able to DO anything ... THAT voice? It was so very clearly saying "STOP the madness! No more to do lists, no more action plans. Just BE. Relax. Have fun. Just PAINT for crying out loud."

Oh. Well fine.

I'm learning to listen to that inner voice. ("She hears voices... cuckoo...!" Sure, say what you will, whatever, it's working!)

So I heeded the call and I spent a lovely morning drinking green tea with my artist friend. It was wonderful to catch up and to absorb the magnificent creativity oozing out of every inch of her studio. From our conversation, and on a lark, she walked me down the street to a relatively new co-operative gallery and we had a look around.

Yet it was hardly my first time there. A good friend of my mom's already had her work there. Someone I've known since I was about four years old! And she happened to be there that very day.

As we walked around the gallery, my artist friend was urging me to be part of it. 

"What? Me? Here? Ha."

So here is where I freeze. Fear grips my throat. I am literally stuttering to get out my question. "Are you accepting other artists into the co-op?"

Well, guess what?

They were!

And guess what else?

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee...!!!!!









I am now an official member of the Sutter Creek Gallery!

And I will be there this Sunday.

35 Main Street, Sutter Creek
10:00am-5:00pm

Come by and say hello!

So I'm going to keep on listening. 

It seems to be leading me to where my lists would never have gone on their own!


8 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh!!! I'm so excited for you!!! What a huge accomplishment and without pushing and without HAVING to DO anything but follow your heart!!! OMG I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

    Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooooooHoooooooo!!!!!! Doing the happy happy oh my Goddess happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo excited for you! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indigo!! Did you just hear my scream of joy from way over here in Texas? I ...am...so....flippin EXCITED for you!!!! AND for those lucky souls who get to take your rocking artwork home with them!!!! Happy Dance and HUGS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so freaking wonderful! So fearless and brave. I am standing here cheering for you with massive amounts of excitement. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squeeeeeeee is right! Congrats girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nominated your blog, should you wish to participate. I think its a nice way to show off blogs that we enjoy/admire: http://therennaissancewoman.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-most-versatile-blog.html

    ReplyDelete