Friday, May 15, 2015

The In-Between - or Actually - Simply Being in the Present Moment

I'm still here. Keeping the momentum going on my re-entry into blogging.

I'm also continuing to create in a little different way these days.

Here's the latest WIP (the glare is horrible in this photo, when it's all done I'll take a proper picture):


One could say it's a Tardis of a sort. Where will it take me? What fabulous worlds are awaiting inside?

It's a little wood crate. I had painted it hot pink in a fit of breaking out of my "normal-colors-box" - but that was something like 5 years ago. And though it seemed brash and bold at the time. I wasn't motivated to keep going in that direction. So I repainted it. Black. That seems to be my go-to color of choice for fresh starts. White? Nah. Too dull. Black. Much more interesting.

And from that new blank slate? I've been going crazy with glitter paint. And gluing things on. Rummaging through all sorts of odds and ends I've collected over the years. Treasure hunting of a sort.

Creativity for its own sake. The best kind of course. Make art. Just 'cause.

This seems to be all I can do right now. I feel like I'm in some sort of gestation period. Something new will be birthing eventually. But not yet. 

Can I just say this is NOT an easy phase for me? No way. Drives me a little crazy to be honest. I love to be planning and doing and moving forward and ticking off items on a list. 

To just randomly create? To get into a creative zone with no goal in sight? And that's ALL I'm doing? Not as a break from the "purposeful" creations? Oye. 

But to let you in on a little secret... deep down? I'm having fun. It's very relaxing. No pressure. Easy. Art just for me. This is where ALL of my art should stem from. In a perfect world.  (Of course there is that idea of getting away from the "shoulds," but we'll let that go for now...)

Anyway. Here's to being in the present. Right where I am. As tricky as that can be.

~~~

Oh, one last little share. Heard this song today. It's not from the present at all. I don't usually dwell in nostalgia for the good ol' days, but these guys? They tap into my happy place every time. And that's a place I don't mind going at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment