Friday, July 17, 2015

Weaving My Future

I'm doing a little experiment this summer. I came up with an intention. A plan. Crafted the bits and pieces that will make it tangible. Wrote up a schedule. You see, this taps into my favorite things: mapping/planning and my creativity. I just love these kind of self-growth projects. I've done this many times in different ways over that past decade or so. It may seem like work to some, but for me it's all play.

Recently I've been wondering about all the parts of me. The wide variety of things that interest me and how they may or may not intersect. Perhaps they will weave into one complete picture and life path. Or maybe not. But I wanted to explore each of them a little more in depth and in relation to each other.

At the heart of this though? I wanted to be more intentional with the direction I'd like my life to be heading. It's felt a bit random the past 10 or so years. I'm ready to steer this ship a little more.

Who knows what the end result will be or feel like. But I definitely know that I'm ready for something new. I'll be wrapping this all up by my birthday in September. I'm hoping for some fresh insights by then. We'll see!

So here's what it looks like. Five areas that interest me. 10 weeks. A couple weeks delving into each one. Ritual. Cuz I'm ALL about ritual. Pulling cards, writing myself notes, an altar, journaling and art journaling, even new plants for my garden (ie: new growth, blah blah blah) ... you get the idea. 

The first one? Artist. Bien sur.


A collage to get started.

An art journal page.

Pulling some cards, three different decks: Skywalker, Abundance, King of Pentacles. NICE!

My Jar of Hope, for a little love note to my Artist self.

This lovely being, Gaillardia, I just LOVE these flowers.

All sorts of Artist intention and focus for theme #1.

I'll being sharing every couple weeks with each new theme.

And so there you have it. This is how I'll be spending the rest of  my summer. Amongst other things. Oh, and getting ready for the Open Art Studios Tour, also in September. I'll save that for another post though.

Happy creating my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment